The Energy Spark System (ESS) does not require an electrician and simply plugs into a standard wall socket.
It is designed to work inside your home or business providing electricity if the power goes off.
Devices plugged into the ESS are protected from damaging surges and spikes.
If the electricity fails the ESS takes over instantly, providing uninterrupted power to your electronics.
At home you can still watch your TV, DSTV and DVD’s.
No more missing your favourite show or the match you were recording.
Plug in lamps and no longer rely on candles. Keep your router, laptop and phone chargers on.
Your children can finish their homework, use the computer and stay connected to the internet.
At work your office computer, internet and desk lights stay on.
Your phone system keeps working.
No more computer crashes or corrupt data.
No more having to close down programmes.
And your point of sale equipment stays online.
Keep doing business with no interruption to sales.
Or the ESS can be loaded onto a vehicle to provide AC power wherever you need it.
- Are you in the dark during load shedding?
- Does your favourite program stop recording on your PVR?
- Do you need to catch up work on your computer?
- Does your phone run flat when you need it the most?
You need an inverter system. See below Frequently Asked Questions on how they work:
- Q) What is an inverter system and what does it do do?
It is an inverter unit coupled with a battery which provides power when there is load shedding. It keeps its battery charged when there is Eskom power. As soon as Eskom power cuts, the system instantly transfers over to battery power so you can keep your lights, TV, computers, chargers and wifi running during load shedding
- Q) Is it easy to connect up? Do I have to fiddle with electronics?
It is super easy The system is plug and play.
The inverter has a regular 3 pin plug that goes into the wall. You then have a 3 way multiplug on the inverter that allows you to connect any appliance you want. Keep the appliances connected at all times, the inverter will automatically switch to battery as soon as it detects Eskom power is down.
- Q) How much backup time will I have on the unit before normal Eskom power come back on to recharge the battery?
Assume a computer, TV, and desk lamp are connected to the inverter:
This unit will last 4-6 hours
Only want a lamp, wifi router and laptop connected to the inverter:
This unit will last 10-12 hours
- Q) What appliances can I run on the inverter system?
Our plug and play systems will run any appliance that has low power usage and does not have a motor. So you can run TVs, computers, wifi, lights, chargers, etc.
Fridges, fans, heaters are not recommended to be connected to inverters. For those items, we can suggest a more specialised system – please click “contact us” and let us know your requirements.
- Q) Can I connect the inverter to my house’s DB (electric) board so that my whole house is powered when Eskom does load shedding?
Sure you can – It does come more expensive than the plug and play solution, but please feel free to “contact us” we will pop through a customized quote.
- Q) What is the warranty/guarantee?
The entire system comes with a full 1 year warranty.
– Simple operation
– Fully automatic
– Uninterrupted power (UPS)
– All-in-one cabinet
– 500W Pure Sine Wave output
– 3 stage 15A battery charger
– Intelligent CPU control
– Automatic Voltage Regulation
– LCD Information display: battery charge, input/output voltage
– Re-settable overload protection
– Low battery/overload warning
– 2 x peak surge capacity
– Portable: on wheels
– No exposed wiring
– Lockable battery compartment
– Long run time
– Fan cooling
– 12 Months warranty
The battery compartment takes one 100Ah 12V battery.
DEEP CYCLE batteries only.
Not car batteries.
Battery installation is straightforward with all instructions and cables supplied.
We supply high performance 12V 100Ah GEL batteries for EnergySpark.
GEL batteries cost more than other deep cycle batteries but have a much longer cycle life.
Alternatively, you can source and fit any other type of deep cycle battery.
1x 100AH 12V GEL battery would run a modern 46″ flat screen LCD TV (100W), DSTV decoder (50W), laptop (50W) and 20W low energy lamp for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
– Rated Power: 500W
– Peak Surge: 1000W
– Battery: Can use Deep Cycle Lead Acid Wet Cell, AGM or GEL battery
– Battery Compartment: Space for 1 x 12V battery up to 100Ah
– Charging Mode: 3 Stage – Mains (15A)
– Input Voltage: 145-275VAC
– Input Frequency: 50Hz
– Output Voltage: 220VAC
– Short Circuit: Breaker
– Output Voltage: 220VAC plus minus 5%
– Output Frequency: 50 plus minus 1%Hz (auto detection)
– Output Wave Form: Pure Sine Wave
– Transfer Time: Typical 2-6ms
– Overload: 110% shut down within 60sec. 120% shut down within 5sec.
– Short Circuit: 20ms automatic shut down
– Protection: Discharge, overcharge and overload protection
– LCD Display: Voltage input/output. Battery status. Overload
– Dimensions: 45cm x 45cm x 25cm
– Operating Environment: 0 Degrees Celsius – 40 Degrees Celsius. Humidity 20% – 90% non-condensing
– Noise Level: Less than 40db